Friday, March 6, 2009

Just a bit of Tab inspired fun!

Not the soda, the lovely lady and needlework artist Tab from Enjoying Life's Journey. Many months ago she posted a picture of a fried egg dishcloth she had made for a swap. It was so cute, it has just kept bouncing in the back of my head begging me to get to it.

So I did.




That's Toby the Turtle modeling. I love cheap old pottery. Especially the chipped and cracked variety. I find I'm much less likely to drop the prebroken ones.



All you need is a yellow scrubbie and some white cotton yarn.


Tab posted her directions in her comments and her way is much better and gives a much better result than mine. She made hers in neat rows of sc and made her bumps by going from sc, to hdc, to dc, to tc and back. You know, the way someone who knows what they are doing would do it.

Alas, I am a one stitch pony, so I used only sc and reversed back and forth where I wanted it to bulge and then continuing on. After the bumps were made I increased over the bumps and decreased here and there in the dips.

No idea how it will work in the sink. I'll let you know in a week or so.

4 comments:

pren said...

omg too awesome! i have been to your blog in a while cause i dont get on my home computer very much these days but i have been missing out on some serious awesomeness!

pj said...

Thanks! Tab's version is much better, but I still like how mine came out. I still haven't tried it out, guess I just hate doing dishes that much.

hallo said...

This has got to be the cutest thing ever. I usually don't like to use knitted washcloths (don't know why -- just never got used to them), but add in the scrubbie, and this is beyond cute!

pj said...

Thanks! Cute and functional! They really work rather well. And you just toss 'em in the washer and they're good to go.

Loved your portrait of Ginny and especially Little Hermione. Well done!