Monday, January 4, 2010

22 Foot Scarf, Naruto Hat and One Happy Cat.

I've been off with family for the last few weeks, baking and eating cookies, sleeping and visiting friends, and generally laying around watching Doctor Who and having a wonderful holiday.

Mr. Man, K and I have been watching old Doctor Who's for years, but K is just old enough to watch the new Who without hiding behind the sofa and we are having such fun. Mr Man and I have seen all the way to the end of the Martha's, but with K we are about half way thru the 10th doctor's first season. K loves Ten and is so upset that the Doctor is regenerating into "some stupid teenager!" Give him a chance Sweetie.

With all that inspiration, I spent my birthday making another Doctor Who scarf for F, the daughter of a friend. She saw the one I made in 2008 for my friend M and wanted it soo0000 bad, I just had to make her one. I cheated though. I used my knitting machine and finished it in a day, instead of a year. It's stockinette, and it curls like crazy, but I ironed it and it laid flattish enoughish. She squeeed, said "Mom! Mom! It's the scarf!!!!" so I'm thinking it was a hit. She wore it wrapped around her head like a mummy or around her torso like a sarong the whole night.. Yeah. She liked it.


22 feet with fringe!



I made her brother W a Naruto hat. K thought of it at the last minute and I had a total of 35 minutes to put it together, so not my best work, but he was so happy. He loved the eyes and put his mom's sunglasses on them. It was really funny. W is just a funny guy.

And just for fun a pic of Miss. Kitty, cause she's been so sick and she's feeling happy again. Don't get too close.



Did I mention unhappy sick kitties do not use their litter box. *I love my kitty, I love my kitty, I love my kitty*

No comments: